About

Monday, August 19, 2013

Lenny Green Family Day/Sonny Lewis Memorial Basketball Classic


When I started blogging, I began doing all New York City, every Tuesday I blogged about what Brooklyn had going on. As the more I look into Brooklyn,  I notice that Brooklyn had a lot going on. I took a chance and switched it over to all Brooklyn. Hey. why not I was born and raised here.


Not only did I want  family and friends to know what was going on in Brooklyn in reference to Events and Entertainment, but also show them that is where my pictures come in, they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

In Brooklyn, there is always something going on from, block to block, corner to corner, morning, noon and night.

This year Brownsville had their annual Lenny Green Family Day/Sonny Lewis Memorial Basketball Classic and I had a good laugh.

You be surprise who you meet  and find in Brooklyn. They had 3 age group in the tournament, from the young to the younger if you know what I mean?

Now the part where I really enjoyed myself, is when the old timers came out play and it was all for the love basketball and Brownsville.

Guess who was there as a referee, William Sanders aka Junie Sanders. He was named the USBL's sixth man of the year.

Junie playing experience includes stints in Argentina, Germany and Israel. He has never averaged below 17.0 points per game in any league.

All-American Junie was co-MVP in the lone star conference post season tournament and was on the all-tournament team in the South Central Regional.

1993-94 as a junior, Sanders was first team All-Lone Star conference selection. Sanders was second in the league in scoring (21.3 ppg) and third in rebounding (8.3RPG), while shooting 55.5 percent from the floor, Sanders was also tournament MVP at the Barry Thanksgiving Classic and was All-Tournament at the Porreco Cup.

It just goes to show you who you might meet in Brooklyn. I had a good time at this event and look forward to next year. Brooklyn is known to be the BEST borough in New York City and we know why.


Junie Sanders











































 







No comments:

Post a Comment