Best things to do this winter break with the kids!
- Central Park: Ring in the new year without spending a buck. No cost firework. Tuesday Dec 31, 2013. From 10 PM- 2 AM.http://www.nycgovparks.org/events/2013/12/31/central-park-fireworks-and-nyrr-midnight-run
- Grand Army Plaza, Prospect Park: New Year's Eve fire work. Fire works, hot chocolate and Holiday Entertainment. Celebration starts at 11 pm. http://www.prospectpark.org/calendar/event/new-years-fireworks
- New York Botanical Garden Holiday Train. The Holiday Train Show is back and bigger than ever! Holiday Week: (Mon Dec 16-Wednesday Jan 1) 10 am-7 pm. http://www.nybg.org/exhibitions/2013/holiday-train-show/index.php
- Prospect Park ice skating. Brand new ice rink in Brooklyn's own Prospect Park. Mon-Thurs. 11 am-6 pm, Friday & Saturday 9 am-10 pm, Sunday 9 am-8 pm. Weekdays $6 for adults, Weekends $8 for adults. Free for children under 12, $5 for skate rentals.http://www.lakesideprospectpark.com/
- McCarren Pink, Williamsburg. Open daily from 11 am-10 pm. $8 adults, $5 students, $5 seniors (60 and older), $4 children under 12 and skate rental $5. http://www.nycgovparks.org/facilities/iceskating/12
- Dyker Height, Brooklyn: Check-out their awesome Christmas Displays and it's free. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dyker-Heights-Christmas-Lights/149275121790027
- The Brooklyn Children's Museum located at 145 Brooklyn Ave(St. Marks): Arts and Crafts at this New Year's Eve Workshop, little ones will craft their own festive hats to wear on New Year's Eve. Dec 31, 2013, from 11:30 am- 2 pm. Ages 1-5, check-out what else the y have going on! http://brooklynkids.org/
- Jewish Children's Museum located at 792 Eastern Parkway: While the kids are off from school, visit the Jewish Children's Museum for a week of arts making fun. Suminagashi workshop, design your own stain glass window and add your creative touch to the JCM kids mural. General Admission is $13, ages 2+ includes all activities. From 10 am-5 pm. http://www.jcm.museum/ArticleFiles/11x17.pdf
- The Bronx Zoo Conservation Society located at 2300 South Blvd, Fordham RD. Ice Carving Week. Visit the Zoo to enjoy Wildlife-themed Iced Sculptures, an ice carving competition, Polar Bear themed Ice playground, Ice Playground and enjoy cheerful tunes from carolers. Until Dec 31, 2013, from 10 am-4:30 pm. Admission $16.95, Senior $14.95, Children 3-12 $12.95 and children under 3 are free. http://bronxzoo.org/
- New Victory Theater located at 209 W 42nd Street, between Seventh & Eighth Ave. Mother Africa, This African Circus Show features Stilt Walkers, Ethiopian Jugglers and Kenyan Contortionists performing to the beat of Traditional instruments like the Djembe and Mbria. Exuberant afro-beats radiate from the stage. Now through Sun, Jan 5 2014. For ticket information, click on the link. http://www.newvictory.org/Home.aspx
More on what to do for this Holiday break, click on the link.