About

Monday, July 1, 2013

BEATMINERZ Radio presents "Da G Spot Show 5 year Anniversary


You have to forgive me people, when I say I felt a little silly when taking pictures of my girlfriend who came along also and was told, shouldn't I be taking picture of the artist and I didn't know who he was talking about. I apologize  to that person next time I see him.

At the time Hip Hop came along I was married with 3 children, working full time, mother and a wife, Now don't get me wrong, I know about Hip Hop and love it.

 I went in high heels,when I just could of gone with my sneakers, which by the way is how I love it. Took a few pictures, couldn't stand up on a chair to take picture, I chose to wear  heels.

Let me give you a little run down on DA BEATMINERZ, They are a Hip Hop production crew from Bushwick, Brooklyn and are known for their dark sound that is a very popular with the underground Hip Hop Scene.http://www.dabeatminerz.com/

DA BEATMINERZ is online, with a line up of well known DJ's and daily programming. Beatminerz radio has attracted over 42,000 listener's all around the world. Beatminerz will play music that explores popular American musical influences and roots.http://www.dabeatminerz.com/

Let me give you a little insight on how it got started.

The crew, originally composed of brothers, Mr. Walt and DJ Evil Dee was formed in 1992, making their production debut with Evil Dee's group Black Moon, on it's debut single "Who Got Da Props".

The duo produced the entirety of Black Moon's acclaimed debut album Enta Da Stage, in 1993 then continued production work with Black Moon's Bucketshot and his crew Boot Camp Clik.

In 1995, along with it's third official member, Baby Paul, the group produced the entirely of Smif-N-Wessun's debut "Dah Shinning". It continued work with fellow Boot Camp members Heitah  Skeltah and OGC in 1996, contributing multiple for their respective debuts, Nocturnal and Da Storm.

In the late 1990's Da Beatminerz expanded its client list, producing popular Hip Hop artists such as Afu-Ra, Black Star, Da La Soul, Enimen, Flip Mode Squad, M.O.P, MIC Geronimo and O.C.

By 2001, the crew expanded to five members, with producers Rich Blak, and Chocolate Ty joining Baby Paul, Evil Dee and Mr. Walt. That year the group released it's debut Brace 4 Impak, on popular independent label RawKus Records, featuring guest appearance from Royce Da 5"9, Black Moon, Raskass, Diamond D, Cocoa Brovaz, Pete Rock, Talib Kweli, Freddie Fox, Jean Grae and Naughty by Nature.

The album lead single "Take That", became a Hip Hop hit in 2001, hitting the top 5 on the Hip Hop rap singles chart.

By 2004, the crew narrowed back to it's original members, Evil Dee & Mr. Walt.  Currently Da Beatminerz are running their own Internet Radio Station.

Beatminerz radio is the home of DJ, where DJ's are free to chose their own play lists. The DJ is the cornerstone of Hip Hop and driving force behind spreading new music.

The Homogenized commercial radio play list that dominates the airwaves, shuts down doors to local and upcoming artists, leaving the listening audience to search for new music on the Internet. They are bringing freedom of choice back to Hip Hop.

Thank you DJ RedBoy for inviting me to something different, meaning environment. I'm old school, lol and if I get invited again, believe me, I will be up in there with my jeans and sneakers taking better pictures.

Had a great time hanging out with what I call  Hip Hop Nation and put a lot of things into perspective with this Party/Event. Thank you Beatminerz for opening up my eyes in the type of music I missed out in, not by choice.

Great performance by Hakim Green "Channel Live", Sadat X "Brand Nubian", Pearl Harba,GPos and last but surely not least Sumnlite, sweet kid came up to me and introduced himself to me, besides, he liked my tattoos. Music by the ones and only, my boy DJ RedBoy and Dj Evil Dee.

Congratulation on your success and may you have many more..  Again, thank you guys. P.S can someone please tell Sadat X,that I didn't  like the picture my friend took of us two, can we have a re-take.


Da G Spot would like to thank all those supporters that's been with them for 5 years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5YrYXjh0kc&feature=youtu.be








No comments:

Post a Comment